Bay of Illusions Guest House
PO Box 354
Luganville, Espiritu Santo
Located at Matantas, Big Bay, the Bay of Illusions Guest House provides accommodation for 12 people. Bungalows are located in a sheltered area surrounded by magnificent trees in front of the beach. This location is your entrance to the Vatthe Conservation Area for bush trekking and bird watching. They also offer camping.
Breakfast is included with lunch and dinner available daily in a separate dining area. Tents sites and self catering facilities are also accessible.
Your hosts Purity and Solomon provide the following range of activities as well as guided tours into Vatthe Conservation area, ranging from the 2 hour Nakatambol Tour to a 3 day trek visiting custom villages. Tours include:
- Explore the monument which commemorates the landing of Spanish Explorer Pedro Fernandes de Queiros in 1606
- Jordan River Tour with BBQ lunch
- Bat cave visit
- Custom medicine tours
- Coconut crab hunt (evenings only)
- Learn traditional weaving
- Garden tours - including planting and harvesting crops, traditional food preparation, night time mushroom picking.