Coongoola Day Cruise
A " Must do" excursion ideal for all ages. A spacious 23 meter timber sailing ketch with twin diesel back up power, dinghies, snorkeling gear... and can carry 60 passengers.
Previous world cruiser and mothership to the Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race. More recently used by both the American and Australian “Survivor” TV series.
Visit secluded coves and beaches of fine white coral sand. Snorkel or dive in crystal clear warm water feed tame fish, maybe see our dolphin friends at play.
Cruise includes transfers, morning and afternoon tea, Beach B.B.Que lunch and snorkeling gear.
Coongoola Day Cruise
General Information: The cruise operates daily from Port Havannah Harbour on the North west Side of Efate – The Leeward Side.
We pick up our guests from their Hotel Foyer between 8.00 – 8.20am then we take a 35/40 min scenic drive through the green jungle clad backdrops and onto the beautiful & sheltered Port Havannah Harbour.
We cruise the tranquil waters of the Harbour, across to Tranquillity Island Resort to visit the Turtle Conservation Rookery afterwards, onto one of our several beaches such as Jade Beach or the beautiful white sandy beaches such as “Hapi Tok” beach of the secluded coves of our “Sun & Moon Bay” part of the wilderness area of Tranquillity Island Resort, a sister company that operates an Eco Tourism and SCUBA dive base on the island.
Enjoy a dip in the clear crystal water, Snorkel the reef, Savour our Delicious Beach Barbecue, Feed the tame fish, or simply experience toes in the sand and relax in the shade or soak up the sun with a cool drink or two.
Later in the afternoon it is back onboard Coongoola for afternoon tea or coffee. Winds permitting, the sails go up for a quiet sail, then we head back in to Havannah Harbour to maybe see our dolphin friends before going heading back to our mooring. Then it is back to the other world again.
Coongoola operates on the Rain Shadow side of the Island which means more fine days. Therefore, do not forget to bring your sunscreen even when it is drizzling rain in Vila. It is generally fine over our way. What to bring with you, towel, sunscreen, reef shoes or thongs that can get wet, change for the bar. Inclusions: Transfers, Morning & Afternoon tea/coffee with French Buns, Barbecue Lunch, Tropical Fruit platter, free use of snorkeling gear.
Notes and Tips
A “must do” day trip for all visitors to Vanuatu!
• Famous 74 foot Timber Ketch (ex Sydney to Hobart Radio Relay Rescue Vessel when owned by NZ Yachtsman) and World Cruiser, by the owners of Toowoomba, foundry in Qld, Australia
• See Dolphins, Baby Turtles and Tame tropical fish.
• Exclusive, private, white sandy beaches and fantastic scenery.
• Ancient caves, crystal clear warm waters.
• Thermal Springs off some of our Beaches.
• Transfers through jungle clad hills.
• Friendly and very experienced crew and staff.
• Port Vila’s most consistent and longest running Cruise.
• Operates on rain shadow side of island = more fine days.
• Experience big ship sailing. (subject to weather conditions)